The Project

Last Friday, the weather was gorgeous, so I decided to do a little editing on the bed next to the brick patio. It had become overgrown with monkey grass (liriope) which was pretty unattractive and was harboring snakes (both good and bad kinds). I pulled out all the monkey grass (filling a 34-gallon composting bin and three Lowe’s yard bags) and was left with this three rose bushes; four lily-type plants whose name I can’t for the life of me recall (They never bloomed; not enough sunlight in Spring.) and five concrete pavers.

I was just going to mulch it, but as they say, in for a penny, in for a pound, so I decided to take everything out except for the roses, put down river rock, and install a fountain. Eighty bags of rocks, 10 brick pavers, and a 200 lb. fountain later, this is the end product. I’m pretty pleased.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s